Sunday, November 28, 2010

Moving On

Moving On. Ok. Sounds simple enough. Actually, is not that easy. For the past couple of days, I've been facing with the tough decision of moving on. One of my best friends just left the country. I will always consider her one of my best friends although I might not longer be one of hers. Now that's she is gone, perhaps is time to move on. She was, and will always be, a very important part of my life. I will always love her and be in debt for the rest of my life. She was able to know me in ways only few people have ever got to know me. If you ever read this, I want you to know I love you and the memories we have together will last a lifetime. I miss you already and always will, hopefully life will give us the chance to meet again in a nearby future and reminisce on all the fun memories we have together. However, it was the hard way I've come to learn that true friends are not the ones that come into our lives, but the ones that never left. Perhaps, in the years that come, we are able to apply this important lesson into our lives. With a great deal of pain in my heart, it's time to move on....

Reading my first blog post, I realized I wasn't following my own definition of success. Thankfully, I have people in my life that will always remind of the right things at the right time. 7 years ago, my life was scarred forever. The pain of past mistakes has since haunted me. Moving on, has always been a tempting idea. However, like most things in life, the thing we want the most, is the ONE thing we can't have. For the past 7 years, I've been trying to move on. There are days I feel so close to doing it, and there are days were I feel at an utter loss of hope. After doing lots of thinking, I realize it's not time for me to move on. I still have tons to learn from it. As much as the past brings pain to my present, is that same pain that has led me to become the person I'm today. I might not be the best person out there; I still have tons of things to learn. The most painful of lessons become the most fundamental for our lives. I now understand that the bigger our battles, the bigger our victory. I can only say I'm looking forward to the day I can call myself victorious and say: "I did it". As I write this entry, I’m flooded with a sense of peace I haven't felt in years. I know the answers won't come any time soon; God will answer them at His own time. I'm now content with the idea that I will someday have the answers I need. I'm not afraid anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment